How to Edit Config Files
How to Locate Config Files
1) Locate Day of Defeat in you Steam Library
2) Right Click on Day of Defeat to see Properties
3) Click on Properties
4) Click on Local Files
5) Click on Browse...
NOTE: You should see directory structure shown below. General at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life
6) Click on dod directory
7) You need to verify two files: config.cfg and userconfig.cfg
THIS is where you config files are located C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life\dod
8) located you config.cfg file
NOTE: Right Click and Edit file "Default is usually Notepad on Windows"
VERIFY: Last line in file says. exec userconfig.cfg
config.cfg files is change when you update or change options in the console. Or if admin on server sends commands to your file. So you want to add your settings in a file userconfig.cfg
9) Scroll down to bottom of file
10) if you do not see exec userconfig.cfg at bottom of file please add it as last line.
NOTE: if you added it.. you need to create a new file called userconfig.cfg in this directory.
11) Now edit userconfig.cfg file as you did above.
12) add the following 4 lines in userconfig.cfg file.
13) be sure to replace "[Me109] g-man" with your [Me109] yournickname"
14) be sure to replace "PutYourADMINPasswordHere" with what admin has provided.